This document sets out the terms and conditions between Webio Ltd. and you when you purchase a ticket. By purchasing a ticket or registering your interest for ConverCon - The Conversational Interface Conference you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions. It is advised that you read this document carefully. Webio Ltd reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. Any amended terms and conditions will be posted on this website. Applicable from May 24, 2018.
ConverCon – The Conversational Interface Conference is owned and organized by Webio Ltd, an Irish-owned company with registered offices at 25 Temple Lane Sth, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, D02 VK80, Ireland.
Information Collected and Primary Purpose for Collection
The personal information you provide is being collected for legitimate business purposes. When you use this site you will be asked to provide certain information such as your contact details. We will store this data electronically. We may use information that you provide or that is obtained by us:
- to contact you in relation to any query you make via our website
- in relation to any contractual relationship or negotiations you enter into with us
- to enable us to provide you with relevant information through our engagement programmes to inform you about the event and items which we believe will be of interest to you by e-mail
- The provision of this information is voluntary. However, if you do not provide the information requested, we may be unable to process your registration or enquiry. All information provided by you will be held in the strictest confidence.
We will only collect the personal information that is necessary for the purposes mentioned above. It includes the following:
- Full Name
- Job Title
- Company Name
- Email Address
- Interest Areas and Preferences
When you visit our site, a cookie (a very small text file) is placed on your device. If you accept it, it is used to provide you with a personalised experience and to assist in the collection of the site visitation statistics. You may refuse the cookie, if you wish. To do so, you will need to check your browser settings.
ConverCon.ie collects certain information about your computer hardware and software, this includes (however is not limited to):
- IP Address
- Browser Type
- Operating System
- Access Times
- Referring Website Addresses
This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of ConverCon website.
Please remember, cookies do not contain confidential information such as your address or telephone number. We do not exchange cookies with any third-party websites or external data suppliers.
Personal Information Collected Is Not Shared
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, all 3rd parties work to GDPR standards. ConverCon is supported by MFST and TSSG and your data may be shared with them for processing purposes.
Webio takes precautions to protect your information. When users submit information over the internet, we protect it through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol. Access to all of our users' information is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information. The servers that we store personally identifiable information on are kept in a secure environment.
Correcting, Updating or Removing Your Personal Information
Webio will make every attempt to keep your personal data accurate, complete and up to date. If your personal information is incorrect, changes or if you no longer wish to receive information from Webio, we will correct, update or remove your information. This can be done by e-mailing email@example.com
If you no longer wish to receive newsletters or promotional materials, you may opt-out of receiving these communications. You can do it by following the unsubscribe link placed in the footer of the promotional email or, if by post, by returning the letter to us with "unsubscribe" marked upon it. Or you can simply contact firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to be unsubscribed.
Notification of changes
Webio reserves the right to amend the privacy notice. In such case the 'last updated' date will be amended accordingly and you will be informed via statement prominently displayed on the website.
Webio respects your right to privacy. We ensure all data is managed lawfully, fairly and transparently. Where we use third parties to also acquire data, we hold those parties to the same high standard. You have a right to be forgotten and can email us at email@example.com to request your personal data or any information related to privacy.
Declaration of Consent
In purchasing my ticket for ConverCon – The Conversational Interface Conference, I hereby give my consent for Webio to collect, process and use my personal data for the purposes of processing the purchase of my ticket and for any other use to which I have consented.
This information will be used for the purposes of processing ticket sales and compiling delegate lists. If you do not wish your name and company name to appear on the delegate list please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
I hereby give my consent for the mandatory and voluntary data collected from me in the course of purchasing and or registering for tickets sold by Webio Ltd. I acknowledge that I may provide Webio Ltd a reasonable timeframe to remove my details at any time that I no longer wish them to be stored. I acknowledge and accept that my data will be used for commercial purposes in accordance with this Data Protection Policy and Declaration of Consent and will be retained and stored for this purpose. Should you wish your data to be removed you must request to do so in writing. Requests will be processed within a 7-day period and should be made via mail to email@example.com
Storage of Credit Card Data
Webio Ltd is isolated from customer card data collection during the checkout process and never stores customer card data on servers. Stripe is the payment gateway used for securing and processing online card payments.
I hereby give my consent for Webio Ltd to use for the purposes of processing complimentary or otherwise ticket registration the mandatory data and any voluntary data I provide when registering a complimentary admission ticket.
Refund and Cancellation Policy
All purchases of tickets for ConverCon – The Conversational Interface Conference are non-refundable in their entirety. Your ticket remains the property of Webio Ltd and is a personal revocable license, which may be withdrawn, and admission refused at any time upon a refund of the printed registration price.
In the unlikely event of cancellation of the conference the liability of Webio Ltd is limited to the share of paid registration fees that remains after credit card and payment processing fees have been incurred and deducted.
It is strictly forbidden for any company, organisation or attendee to attempt to host or organise any event in conjunction with, contiguous to or purporting to be related to the ConverCon – The Conversational Interface Conference or its affiliates without the express prior written permission and co-operation of Webio Ltd. In the event of breach of these terms any tickets purchased by the organiser and their affiliates will be rendered null and void. Webio Ltd reserves their right to take such legal action including a claim for damages as may be appropriate.
The tickets purchased are for your own personal use or that of your business only and may not be re-sold or transferred for commercial gain under any circumstances, including but not limited to use as part of any promotion or competition. Where there has been any re-sale or attempted re-sale of any tickets (or any other breach of this term), we reserve the right to cancel the relevant tickets with immediate effect.
We reserve the right to cancel any ticket purchase made by any person or body whom we reasonably believe to be associated with any ticket broker or tout.
Webio Ltd reserves the right to refuse admission to the conference for any behaviour, which it deems unacceptable, or for breach of the terms and conditions.
Webio Ltd will not be responsible for any tickets that are lost or stolen. The unauthorised use of photographic and recording equipment at events and conferences is prohibited. You consent to film and sound recording as attendees at any event or conference.
Webio Ltd and its subsidiaries will not be liable for any loss injury or damage to any person or property howsoever caused (save for death or personal injury as a result of Webio Ltd’s negligence or for any other type of liability that cannot by law be excluded or limited.)
Name changes will be facilitated free of charge up to 10 days prior to the commencement of the event. No name changes will be facilitated 10 days prior to the commencement of the event and the ticket price will be forfeited.
I acknowledge that Webio Ltd will not provide transport or travel expenses to or from the event.
Event Cancellation, Postponement & Substitution Policy
Webio Ltd is not responsible for any loss or damage as a result of a substitution, alteration, cancellation or postponement of an event. Webio Ltd shall assume no liability whatsoever in the circumstances that an event is cancelled, rescheduled or postponed due to a fortuitous event,unforeseen occurrence or any other event that renders performance of an event impracticable, illegal or impossible. For purposes of this clause, a fortuitous event shall include, but not be limited to: war, fire, labour strike, extreme weather or other emergency as it occurs.
Please note that while speakers and topics are confirmed at the time of publishing, circumstances beyond the control of the organisers may necessitate substitutions, alterations or cancellations of the speakers and/or topics. As such, Webio Ltd reserves the right to alter or modify the advertised speakers and/or topics if necessary without any liability to you whatsoever. Any substitutions or alterations will be updated on our web page as soon as possible.
Use of Personal Data for Advertising Purposes
Webio Ltd (or event partners) will not sell your name, address, e-mail address or personal information to any third party. I hereby give my consent for Webio Ltd (and subsidiaries) to store the following types of data as a profile for internal purposes:
- Mandatory and voluntary data collected when purchasing tickets.
- Mandatory and voluntary data collected when registering a complimentary admission ticket as well as the date of the ticket registration.
- Voluntary disclosures when participating in online surveys.
- If I have opted-in to receive email communication about related events I give consent for Webio Ltd or subsidiary companies to analyse and use the data for the purpose of targeted advertising communications to me on relevant topics and products in connection with Webio Ltd or subsidiary events and promotions.
- If I have provided my mobile telephone number I consent to Webio Ltd to contact me by SMS in relation to events for which I am purchasing a ticket or registering an expression of interest.
- I also give my consent for my data to be updated and supplemented with additional data.
- Accordingly, I give my consent for Webio Ltd to collect data relating to me personally from public domain sources and to store these along with my personal data that are already under the control of Webio Ltd. I give my consent for Webio Ltd to analyse this newly collected data together with the data already under their control and to use the same for the purpose of targeted advertising communications to me on relevant topics and products in connection with trade fairs and/or exhibitors of interest.
Right of Access
You have a right to be given a copy of any of your personal data held by Webio Ltd in accordance with section 4 of the Data Protection Acts subject to certain exceptions. Requests for a copy of your personal data can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to: Webio Ltd, 25 Temple Lane South, Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland.
Right of Rectification or Erasure
If Webio Ltd hold incorrect information about you which was originally submitted by you through this website, you have the right to have the data amended. To request your right to rectification and/or erasure please send your request to email@example.com or addressed to: Webio Ltd, 25 Temple Lane South, Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland. Requests should include: Your name and address and a description of the specific personal data you wish rectified.
Please note that Webio Ltd is not required to rectify or erase your data where doing so would prevent you from meeting your contractual obligations to Webio Ltd or where Webio Ltd is required to process (including retaining) your personal data for a lawful purpose in accordance with the Data Protection Acts.
In the event of any conflict between these terms and the provisions of the Data Protection Acts, the Data Protection Acts shall prevail.
Changes to this Policy
Webio Ltd reserves the right to modify this Data Protection Policy and Declaration of Consent at any time. Any changes will be posted on our home page and other places we deem appropriate so that you are aware of the changes. This updated version of terms and conditions for Webio Ltd is applicable from May 25th 2018.
Once a successful purchase transaction has been completed, tickets are delivered in electronic soft-copy via email to the email address nominated by the purchaser. For some ticket types it may be necessary to complete required information – such as attendee name – before the tickets can be issued. The ticket acts as a receipt for the transaction and can be used to redeem entry at the event listed on the ticket. A printed hard-copy ticket or an electronic soft-copy ticket detailing the reference number can be used to register at the event. Irish law governs these terms and conditions and any dispute are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
- a) Webio Ltd shall be entitled to delegate the duties provision of its obligations under this Agreement.
- b) No other terms shall apply to this Agreement and these terms contain the entire agreement and understanding between us in respect of all matters which are referred to herein and supersede any prior, written or oral agreement between us relating to such matters. You confirm that in agreeing to accept these terms you have not relied on any representation that is not expressly included herein and you agree that you shall have no remedy in respect of any misrepresentation which has not become a part of these terms. However, nothing in these terms purport to exclude liability for any fraudulent statement or act.
- c) If any part of the terms herein shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable then that provision shall be deemed to be severable from these terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining provisions of the terms.
You agree not to:
- Use the Website (or any part of it) for any illegal purpose and agree to use it in accordance with all relevant laws;
- Upload or transmit through the Website (i) any computer viruses, macro viruses, trojan horses, worms or anything else;
- Use the Website in a manner which (i) may cause the Website to be interrupted, damaged, rendered less efficient or such designed to interfere with, interrupt or disrupt the normal operating procedures of a computer or (ii) any material which is defamatory, offensive, or of an obscene or menacing character, or that may cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; (iii) that the effectiveness or functionality of the Website is in any way impaired or (iv) violates or infringes the rights of any person, firm or company (including, but not limited to, rights of intellectual property, rights of confidentiality or rights of privacy) of the Website;
- Create or publish a hypertext link to any part of the Website or attempt any unauthorised access to any part or component;
- Copy or distribute any part of the Website in any medium without our prior written consent; and
- Alter or modify any part of the Website other than as may be reasonably necessary to use the Website for its intended use.
We reserve the right to:
- Modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, the Website (or any part of it) with or without notice to you.
- Change these Terms from time to time. Your continued use of the website (or any part of it) following such change shall be subject to and including the changes made to the terms from time to time.
- Monitor any activity and content associated with the Website.
Limitation of Liability
Whilst we will use reasonable endeavours to verify the accuracy of any information we place on the website, we make no warranties, whether express or implied in relation to its accuracy. The Website is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis for your information and personal use only without any representation or endorsement. Unless specified in separate terms and conditions relating to a particular product or service, we make no warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the Website, or products or services offered on the Website whether by us or on our behalf (including free software downloads) including but not limited to, implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security, accuracy, condition or completeness, or any implied warranty arising from course of dealing or usage or trade You acknowledge that we cannot guarantee and therefore shall not be in any way responsible for the security or privacy of the Website and any information provided to or taken from the Website by you.
You agree to be fully responsible for (and fully indemnify us against) all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including legal fees, suffered by us and arising out of any breach of the terms by you or any other liabilities incurred by us arising out of your use of the website, or use by any other person accessing the website using your pc or internet access account.
Intellectual Property and Right to Use
You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all material or content contained within the website shall remain at all times owned by us or our licensors. You are permitted to use this material only as expressly authorised by us. We reserve all rights not expressly granted in and to the Website and the content in the Website.